Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tripp's Nautical Room

We haven't used it yet for sleeping. I've done laundry and definitely used the changing table.
Originally I wanted to do a cool, pirate room. But, just the word "pirate" seems cheesy.  For both boys, I've wanted to do their rooms so they can grow into them. Not all baby. While I do love traditional nursery themes, I just quickly fell in love with this nautical theme and went for it!
 Like I mentioned in another post, most everything is from Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Good ole Pinterest is so handy when you're creating a room! This was our guest room and it was very girly (all of my Belle of Lace Photography stuff was in here too.) I decided to keep the bed in here and after a few weeks in our room, I will move with Tripp into his room. Not that we have a huge mansion and it takes me forever to walk to his room, but I remember with Beau being SO sleepy when he would wake up through the night and wishing I could just crash in there with him. HOWEVER, Tripp has been such an amazing sleeper already that I may not have many middle of the night feedings.
I bought these wooden blocks at Michaels and painted them Navy then painted on the letters-pinterest project! The sailboat is from Hobby Lobby as well as the frame and the lighthouse.
 My mother-in-law is awesome!! I told her I wanted curtains that resemble a ship's sail and this is what she did! Aren't they perfect? She actually told me that they aren't done..but I don't know what more she's gonna do! I love them as they are!
 Picture frames are from Marshalls; I found these cool Nautical pictures on Etsy; and the oars are from my parent's house, I like to occasionally go "shopping" there :)
 I bought the crib used for $60!! The lady said she bought it for her nephew to come stay with her for a weekend and then never used it again! What a deal! I love the dark wood. Steering wheel is from Hobby Lobby ( of course)
 I repainted the base of this lamp, it was an ugly, plain brown color. Both the frame and little fishing boat are from Hobby Lobby...I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the boat, I feel like it needs something in it. The dresser is Joseph's from when he was a kid! Then it was Beau's dresser and changing table. I decided I wanted to stain it and get new knobs (in Beau's room it had rusted, star knobs to match his cowboy theme.) I couldn't stain it when I was pregnant so Joseph had to. He hates painting so it was quite an act of love he did for me!
 THIS IS THE BEST GLIDER EVERRR!! I can't stress it enough. It is SO comfortable and I don't know what I would have done without it while Beau was a baby. I do miss having it in his room for reading him bedtime stories but knew that I was gonna NEED it when rocking Tripp to sleep. If we could afford another one I would definitely have one in each of their rooms. It's from Babies R Us. My Aunt got him this cute little lovie, "Skipit"...so cute!
I just love this pillow. I found it on Etsy and felt it fits perfect in his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment