Wednesday, February 29, 2012

From Austin...

Dear Baby Beau,
When i found out that your Mommy and Daddy were pregnant, I was absolutely thrilled. I just knew they were going to be wonderful parents. And I couldn't wait to have a little baby nephew. (I knew you were going to be a boy, and hey, I was right!)

When your Mom went into labor, I went to St. David's and waited for hours and hours. I waited all through the night with your parents and aunts and uncles. Your Grandma was there too, and we got hungry waiting for you all night! So at 1am, your Grandma and I went to Magnolia Cafe to get food, and talk about how much we couldn't wait to see you. In the morning, your Grandpa got there just in time! He took a few emergency flights from Vancouver just to see you arrive. We were all so excited that you were coming.

Your Great-Grandma Jean Stuckey used to always tell us, "You are soooo good-lookin'." From the first time I saw you I just knew you had to be a Stuckey boy, because you were the most good-looking' baby i had ever seen! You sure did look an awful lot like your Daddy when you were born. And now that you're older, you remind me quite a bit of your good-looking' Mamma too.

For the first 3 weeks of your life, you lived in Austin. That's where I live, so I would come see you every time I could. I loved spending time with such a sweet and precious baby like you, and it warmed my heart to see your Mom and Dad growing into such loving parents.

I helped your Mom & Dad move the day they left Austin for Spring. We all sat on the floor of their empty Manchaca house, and said goodbye (with a few tears!) to the place where we had all had so much fun.

But moving was a happy event too! Now, you get to be close to all your grandparents, and live in the place that we all know as home. It is so important to have family around you. And Beau, you've got a huge, loving family that just adores you!

I love you dearly, little man, and I'm so happy to see what the future has for you.

Aunt Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment