Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Umm Hello??

Where have I been??

I honestly forgot for a minute that I ever blogged. And now here I am while rocking one of the twins (you heard me, I had twins!) and reading all of my old posts and seeing how much I miss blogging and documenting all of life's little moments. I truly forgot all those sweet moments with Beau and I am so thankful I wrote them all out!

Ok so maybe an update is needed… I mean my last post was October 2013! Beau was just two, Tripp was 5 months old and we were selling our house and moving in with my parents…

So here I am now with FOUR kids… Beau is almost 4, Tripp just turned 2, and the twins are 8 weeks old...a new house (but really an olllld house)…a graduate with my master's…no longer shooting photography for a business…I still drink a lot of wine :)

-We lived with my parents for 6 weeks. The day we were supposed to close on selling our house, the lady who was buying got a call from her buyer backing out. SOOO I joked about seeing her house and we did and we loved it and bought it-- real life house swap!

-The same day that we closed on the new house, was the same day that Tripp got his helmet for his plagiocephaly (flat head). In which he wore for about 5 months. It was not fun but Tripp handled it well and his head rounded out just fine!

-That summer (2014) we went to San Marcos for a little "college reunion" weekend with old friends. Had such a blast!! Maybe too much fun…

-August 2nd, I graduated!!!! The most amazing feeling! I was filled with pride and every time I thought of my sons watching me walk across the stage I would start to cry…I was sooo emotional… :/

-A week later we went on our annual trip to Wimberley where I took a pregnancy test that came out positive. I started to cry. I wasn't sure if they were happy tears or scared tears. I knew I wanted three kids but I had just lined up a job and was ready to start working and just thought "ah, here we go again…" and we both agreed that we could handle one more baby! little did we know…

-About 4 weeks later we saw two little babies on the sonogram…WTF…

-Hardest pregnancy by far!! But I made it to 38 weeks (which is full term for twins) with little bed rest and they came out as healthy as can be! No NICU time which we are so thankful for!

AND THAT BRINGS US TO PRESENT DAY!

Here's pictures of allll that!
BabyTripp
Xmas Card attempt
Beau is 2.5 and Tripp is 6 months
Pictures by Carolyn Kipper, May 2014 Tripp had just turned 1
4th of July Parade (2014)

San Marcos College Reunion



Heath River and Jed August were born April 2, 2015






 Obviously, I have a billion more pictures but this is a good wrap up.

Things I've learned since having the twins:
-Patience, Patience, Patience
-This is just a season of our lives
-Continuing to give Beau and Tripp tons of attention makes a world of difference in their behavior
-I'm still in shock :)

Twin's birth story here.



















No comments:

Post a Comment